Since it’s October, there’s a lot of magic in the air. I don’t think there’s anything more beautiful than a warm autumn day when the sky is brilliant blue and there are red and orange leaves everywhere. That crisp clean smell also always reminds me there’s an abundance of new opportunities and possibilities. Plus I find it’s easy to get lots done because the days are shorter and it feels cozy to stay at home and work on the projects I’m passionate about…like writing articles for my blog!
It was brought to my attention recently that I say the word ‘magical’ a lot. At first I thought it was funny and didn’t have any awareness, but now I realize it’s because I do believe that magical things happen all the time. I love to share my miraculous experiences with the people around me because the more magic I see, the more it continues to happen.
As awesome as it would be, I don’t see unicorns and rainbows on a regular bases, but I have trained my brain to be open to wonderment. This is simple to do, and with a little practice you will be seeing magic happen before your own eyes. You also might start being the person who says magical a lot too 😉
Recipe for magic:
1. Remember how you felt when you were a giddy 6 year old. That super happy, exciting, exuberant, joyful, sparkly feeling. Let it build up until your whole body is exploding with blissful vibes. Got it? Good.
2. Picture something you really want to happen in your life with all those amazing 6 year old feelings swirling inside of you. Maybe it’s a massively successful business, going on a world adventure, a gorgeous new loft, a loving boyfriend, an adorable baby or any anything else your heart desires. Be as specific and detailed as you can.
3. Now’s the fun part! Put on a song that lights up your soul and jump. Yep, I said J-U-M-P. Jump like you are a rambunctious, hyper active 6 year old and throw your arms up in the air. Think about how awesome it will feel when your dreams are for realz. I like to jump to at least 3-5 songs because it feels awesome and is good for bum toning. Cheesy pop serves nicely here, but I’ll leave that up to you.
4. You are now ready to enter the outside world. Yas! As you pass strangers on the street, lock eyes and smile sweetly at 3 new faces (or more if you’re feeling frisky). May sure your smile is genuine and not a half-assed creepy one!
5. Do something nice for someone else. Treat your friend to lunch, donate some dollars to a cool charity, help your brother clean his studio. Important: you MUST do it with love and have no resentment or the magic won’t work. It just won’t.
6. Go to the park, seawall or any other outdoor space and gaze in amazement at how wonderful nature is. Don’t think too much, just soak it in.
7. Next time you pass a mirror look yourself in the eyes and tell yourself you are beautiful and that your deserve miracles. Full body yes!
8. Before you go to sleep, remind yourself of all the magic you experienced during the day. Maybe you received an unexpected email, phone call or compliment. Or maybe a cute stranger smiled back. However big or small, say thank you wholeheartedly.
At first doing these steps might feel totally awkward and unnatural. That’s ok, because the more you get used to behaving this way the easier it will be. After a while it will be so natural you won’t even realize you are doing it.
When you are open to magic, crazy things will start to happen. The key is to always be grateful and appreciate what’s coming your way so it will continue to flow. Also, remember to be open to receiving magical experiences with all your heart. You deserve each and every one of them.
Do you have any tips on making magic happen? I would love nothing more than to hear them. Please share below 🙂
Pssst! If you are an artist, designer or maker who wants to make as much money as possible this holiday season, I just re-released Cha Chingle Bells. This is an online program that helps you take all the guesswork out of selling at craft shows and online. I’ve had tons of Makies who have taken Cha Chingle Bells and they say it really made a big difference in their sales. Plus it’s all the videos are online so you can learn while you make. This program is only $75 and I promise you will make this money back many times over! You can check it out here.